For qualified skincare therapists wishing to offer this new advanced skin treatment loved by celebrities and models.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
Be able to offer your clients an effective exfoliation treatment that removes dead skin cells and peach fuzz to reveal your clients’ glowing skin.
Be qualified to perform this form of manual exfoliation.
Be able to increase your salon profit with this extremely popular but low cost treatment.
Duration: 1 day
Times: 10am – 4pm
Model required for afternoon session
You must hold a facial qualification and have facial experience.
Course Fee: £350 – including starter kit (30 treatments) giving you a potential income of £1500.
Accredited by ABT and approved by Towergate
Please contact us if the scheduled dates are not suitable for you. We will always try our best to accommodate you.
- Introduction of Dermaplaning.
- Indications of treatment.
- Benefits of Dermaplaning.
- Client consultation, protocol and informed consent.
- Contra-indications and contra-actions.
- Pre-treatment skin analysis.
- Dermaplaning blade selection, preparation, use and disposal.
- Safe handeling of blades before, during and after treatment.
- Discussion of different treatment protocols.
- Demonstration of a Dermaplaning treatment.
- Post treatment care/contra-actions.
- Treatment plan and pricing structure.
- Marketing advice.
Starter Kit Contents:
- Surgical Steel Re-useable Holder
- 30 blades
- Sharps disposal box
- Blade removers
- Surgical Blade Removal Unit
- Wound care pack
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a method of exfoliation using a scalpel to remove the upper layers of skin unveiling a smoother and brighter complexion. The scalpel finely exfoliates dead skin cells whilst also removing the fine superficial vellus hair from the face, known as “peach fuzz." The treatment reveals a brighter and more youthful glow to the skin, allowing better absorption of skincare products. Make up bases apply flawlessly to the skin following this treatment.
Why should I offer this treatment?
Dermaplaning is a fantastic treatment addition to any salon or skin clinic. It leaves clients with a youthful glow and improvement in the skin tone and texture. The results are immediately visible following the treatment. It is a non invasive form of exfoliation which opens the treatment up too many clients who may be contraindicated to other forms of exfoliation. It has less ‘down-time’ than other forms of exfoliation. It can also have a positive effect on the appearance of scars, particularly acne scars, fine lines and pigmentation if carried out as a course of treatments and can be combined with enzyme peels, mild chemical peels for maximum results.