The process of Ear candling involves a specially designed hollow candle being inserted just inside the ear canal. The candle is then lit and the suction that is formed draws the impurities from within the ear. This process is known as the chimney effect. The rising air gives the ear drum a gentle massage and also helps to regulate ear pressure. A small amount of ear wax is also removed during the treatment.
You will receive full ongoing support and mentoring after your training.
Duration Half day
Entry Requirements None.
Kit Not required.
Case Studies Not required.
- The history of ear candles
- Functions of the ear
- Recognise the main bones and muscles of the skull, sinuses and sinus conditions
- Understand contra-indications of this treatment
- Understand the structure of the candle
- Understand and explain how the candles work
- Client consultation
- Practical Session
- Know how to conduct a treatment
- Safety precautions before, during and after treatment
- After-care advice